Thanksgiving, a day dedicated entirely to giving thanks to all things we appreciate in this world, of course not assuming we don’t give thanks every day of the year; For eating unbelievable amounts of food, observing semi awkward encounters between family members who have not spoken since, well last Thanksgiving; For the exciting feeling you get at the sound of tin foil wrapping the left overs you are sure to eat for the next three days, MmMmMm turkey and cranberry sauce sandwiches; and lets not forget, for the countdown to the dangerous but oh so worth it Black Friday sales.
Okay, so maybe I am a little late on talking about the giving thanks, food, business but whether or not I hit the nail on describing your family’s thanksgiving I do hope it was a splendid holiday. I love left overs so if you’d like to overnight a dish, send it to me at my Skidmore address, please and thank you!
And in the spirit of giving thanks I will list the things about Skidmore I am thankful for not in any particular order.
1. I love who I have become in the last few years and I am thankful for the friends who have helped me get here
2. Professors who let me sit in their office for hours until I ‘get it’
3. Courses that hit me upside the head and open my eyes to things I have never taken notice of before
4. Great om nom noms at the Dining Hall. What would life be like without Chicken Finger Friday, hmmm maybe a few pounds lighter
5. The opportunity to take whatever class I want
6. The pretty landscape
7. Window seats in every dormitory of which my best friend insisted on sleeping in when she visited
8. Not having to share a bathroom with an entire floor when I lived in the dorms
9. Northwoods (junior/ senior houses located on campus). I love my beautiful apartment
10. The Spa (fast food eatery located in the student center), being open always right when I need it, for my 1am munchies
11. Financial Aid. Need I say more?
12. Summer Housing. Who doesn’t want to stick around for the summer and lose a few bucks at the race track
13. Alumni Network. Someone’s going to hire me
14. Student Employment. There was always the option of not being broke
15. The sports center. I’m still trying to work off that freshman fifteen. Its been three years
16. For Australia
17. For covered walkways and buildings that are connected
18. For never being bored because there is so much to do
19. Being located in the beautiful Saratoga Springs
20. For not being a cookie cutter campus
I can go on for a long time but talking about left overs earlier has me wanting some right now. I’m thinking I should head towards the fridge now. But I will end by saying, most of all, I am thankful for Skidmore giving me an experience of which I will forever look back on and think, college was amazing…. can I do it again ?! ….. no but really, how do I do it all again?!!