Looking for a job
or advanced manufacturing?
Find your match at the Capital Region’s top career fair, showcasing dozens of employers in the Capital Region’s growing technology sectors.
Pre-registration is encouraged. If you pre-register by Thursday, September 4 you will be entered into a drawing to win an iPad!
Dress for success and remember to bring your resume. Please bring an additional copy of your resume to leave with eBizDocs which will be scanned and distributed to all companies attending.
Dozens of local companies are participating and they are eager to meet skilled, qualified candidates. The event is free and is geared for professionals involved in all aspects of the technology industry, from engineering, programming and design, to marketing, sales and management.
Skidmore’s Four-Year Career Development Initiative
KNOW / EXPLORE / TRANSFORM
The Career Development Center helps students develop a holistic view of their career development plan, offering programs and services for students in each year to foster enhanced self-awareness, exposure to a variety of career fields, participation in off-campus experiential activities, effective career decision-making, and positive outcomes at graduation and beyond.
KNOW Gain self-awareness
EXPLORE Experience and Experiment
TRANSFORM Prepare for Life After Skidmore
NewTV is seeking a highly motivated, creative marketing professional with expertise in digital and social media marketing. NewTV is a non-profit, high-energy media center and television studio in Newton, MA. We are a rapidly growing organization and are committed to enhancing our programming and production facility while increasing our visibility in the community.
This position is ideal for an outgoing self-starter who is passionate about all aspects of digital and social media marketing and is enthusiastic about making a valuable contribution in a creative environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitor and manage NewTV social media accounts and outreach activities
• Manage and update NewTV website and create custom pages
• Manage and contribute to NewTV blog
• Manage NewTV email marketing database
• Write press releases and content for website, newsletter and other NewTV marketing materials
• Manage NewTV events
• Develop online newsletter
• Assist with NewTV promotional items and marketing and promotional campaigns
• Provide quarterly reports for measuring digital marketing growth
Skidmore alumni listing from Tara Greco, ’87
• Bachelors Degree in Marketing or a related field
• 1-3 years of digital marketing experience, preferably within a television environment
• Experience in social media marketing, blogging, email marketing, Google AdWords campaigns, SEO and link building
• Excellent writing skills
• Proficiency in MS Excel Word and PowerPoint
• Mac user preferred
Salary commensurate with experience and includes NewTV benefits plan.
Must have your own transportation and be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Please send your resume, cover letter and samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
The Skidmore Health Professions Advisory Committee (HPAC) is going to be launching its new website, and we need your help! During the month of March, we are asking that students submit their health related photos for a chance to be featured on the HPAC Website. While photos taken at Skidmore will be accepted, preference will be given to photos that have been taken off-campus. Think about your summer internships, shadowing opportunities, medical mission trips, and research projects. We want to see you in action!
The top three photos will receive a gift card:
- First place: $20 gift card to Uncommon Grounds
- 2nd and 3rd place will receive a $10 gift card to Plum Dandy.
All you have to do to enter is submit your photos using #SkidHPAC on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram from March 1-March 31. We’ll contact the winners in April.
You are solely responsible for the content of your submissions. You cannot knowingly post content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or intellectual property right of any third party, and you must remove the same should you discover that you have violated this provision. Likewise, you cannot post content that is libelous, defamatory, obscene, abusive, that violates a third party’s right to privacy, that otherwise violates any applicable local, state, national or international law, or that is otherwise inappropriate. You indemnify Skidmore, its Board, officers, employees and agents, from any and all claims and/or damages (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from any claim brought by any third party relating to the content you have posted.
While Skidmore does not and cannot review every submission and is not responsible for the content of these messages, Skidmore reserves the right to delete, move, or edit submissions that it, in its sole discretion, deems abusive, defamatory, obscene, in violation of copyright or trademark laws, or otherwise unacceptable.
Career Coaches are Junior and Senior student leaders on campus who provide support to peers by assisting career related tasks, such as resume and cover letter reviews, both in-person and online. Career Coaches are crucial student connectors to the Skidmore community, serving as examples of effective career development.
Students selected to become a Career Coach will undergo extensive, individualized training throughout the month of September. For continued support, Career Coaches are expected to attend weekly one-hour meetings, and will undergo a review once per semester.
Career Coaches also work as a team to create and produce a “legacy project”. This project is completed as a group; Career Coaches work together to determine the project. Previous projects have included a webinar series called ‘Knowledgeable Networking’.
This position is a full time student worker (10 hours per week). Career Coaches will receive premium compensation ($9.00/hour) due to the advanced specialized skills, knowledge, and abilities expected, as well as an increased level of responsibility, working with minimal supervision, and make independent decisions.
- Staffing one CDC drop-in shift (2 – 4 PM, Monday – Friday)
- Staffing one eResume Review drop-in shift (6 – 8 PM, Monday – Thursday)
- Staffing one Library drop-in shift (8 – 10 PM, Monday – Wednesday)
- Attending a weekly staff meeting
- Delivering workshops in the evening hours on topics such as resumes, cover letters, networking resources, and LinkedIn
- Providing support during large events, such as the Graduate and Professional School Expo or Career Jam
- Other duties as assigned
All majors are encouraged to apply.
- GPA 2.8 or higher
- Proven leadership skills and campus involvement
- Rising Junior or Senior (current Sophomores or Juniors)
- Ability to make a one year-long commitment, for 10 hours per week (including some evening hours)
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter through My CDC Account (Posting #7474). Cover letters can be addressed to:
Associate Director/Information Technology Manager
Skidmore College Career Development Center
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
Have dinner with the Alumni Board of Directors and Board of Trustees at the Real World Etiquette & Networking Dinner!
Friday, February 28, 5:15 PM, Murray-Aikins Dining Hall, Second Floor
- Mingle with successful Skidmore Alumni
- Find out the keys to effective networking
- Discover how to develop your personal brand
- Learn proper dining etiquette
RSVP by February 25 through My CDC Account
New PAL (Parent & Alumni) Listings!
To view these postings and to apply, please visit My CDC Account.
- Business Development / Marketing Intern, Melcher Media, New York City, Posting #8850
- Ceramics Teacher, Millbrook School, Millbrook, NY, Posting #8854
- Advertising Club’s Summer Internship Program, The Advertising Club, New York City, Posting #8853
- Paid Post-Graduate Internship Program, The Huntington Theatre Company, Boston, MA, Posting #8860
- Associate Project Manager, The Nanz Company, New York, Posting #8604
From Michael Comey, class of 2000. Deadline is March 31st, 2014.
The Huntington Theatre Company has an extensive year long post graduate paid internship program available in multiple areas:
- Artistic Producing/Casting
- Artistic Literary Management
- Calderwood Pavilion
- Company Management
- General Management:
- Marketing/ Public Relations
- Scenery/Technical Direction
This full-time, season-long paid internship is for highly motivated and committed individuals who are looking to bridge the gap between their academic experience and a professional career in the theatre. Treated as a member of the staff, interns gain practical experience, knowledge and industry contacts, they are encouraged to discover their true potential in a creative and challenging environment that fosters both professional and personal growth. The Huntington understands that all cultures are vital to the vibrancy and relevancy of the arts and remains committed to producing works, building audiences, and employing staff members that promote equity and pluralism. We seek candidates who are not only creative, passionate, reliable, and have previous theatre training and skills, but also possess the freedom of spirit to celebrate the diversity of our culture and community. Interns are paid an hourly rate of $8.75 and are offered health benefits. To apply visit: http://www.huntingtontheatre.org/about/involved/pip/
From Skidmore alumni, Kaarina Mackenzie, ’13
“Melcher Media creates story-driven content. We are a small company in the West Village with the ability to deliver big ideas to even bigger audiences. We are dedicated to advancing the art and science of storytelling in the 21st century. We are looking for bright, talented, and enthusiastic interns wanting to learn about business development and marketing on the cutting-edge of multiplatform programs with leading global brands.
This is a paid, temporary internship (6-12 months) that is primarily designed to expose successful candidates to all facets of the company and to all aspects of business development and marketing platforms: in print, e-books, and content-rich app production. This is an opportunity for applicants to develop and hone skills while deciding on the direction of their career. Ideal candidates should have an interest in digital and social media, editorial skills, art, photography, design, and storytelling; a Bachelor’s degree; meticulous attention to detail; a strong work ethic; and the desire to learn.”
For the complete listing and to apply, visit My CDC Account.
For questions, please contact the Career Development Center by calling 518-580-5790.