A question came up in a meeting this week about updating Skidmore blogs with mobile devices. Specifically, if it was possible. I’m happy to report that, yes it is very possible. In fact I’m posting this with my iPad!
Here’s how I did it:
1. Go to Word press’s Mobile Apps page and find the app you need.
2. Install the app on your mobile device and follow the directions in the app.
3. Get blogging!
One problem I ran into was that XML-RPC was not enabled on my blog. Make sure yours is set up by following these directions in your blog’s dashboard:
1. Click Settings in the left navigation.
2. Select writing in the options that appear under settings.
3. Turn on the XML-RPC checkbox at the bottom of the page.
4. Click Save Changes.