Lindner, Andrew M. and Tongtian Xiao. 2017. “When the Public Seeks Anonymity Online: How News, Industry, and Socio-Political Conditions Shape Interest in the Tor Anonymity Network, 2006-2015.”
Lindner, Andrew M. 2018. “Measuring Public Opinion in U.S. Metro Areas, 2006-2016.” [Data and code].
Larson, Ryan P. and Andrew M. Lindner. 2018. “Professionalization Through Attrition?: An Event History Analysis of Mortalities in Citizen Journalism.” Information, Communication, & Society. [Pre-print version].
Lindner, Andrew M. and Ryan P. Larson. 2017. “The Expansion and Contraction of the Journalistic Field and American Online Citizen Journalism, 2000-2012.” Poetics. [Pre-print version].
Lindner, Andrew M. and Ziggy Schulting. 2017. “How Movies with a Female Presence Fare with Critics.” Socius. [open access]
Hawkins, Daniel N., Andrew M. Lindner, Ryan Larson, and Jonathan Santo. 2015. “Overrating Bruins, Underrating Badgers: Media, Bias, and College Basketball.” Journal of Sports Management and Commercialization 6(3):11-26. [Pre-print version].
Lindner, Andrew M., Melissa Lindquist, and Julie Arnold. 2015. “Million Dollar Maybe? The Effect of Female Presence in Movies on Box Office Returns.” Sociological Inquiry. [Pre-print version] 85(2):214-236.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2013. “The Sociology of Silver.” In The Social Side of Politics. Douglas Hartmann and Christopher Uggen (eds.). New York: W.W. Norton & Co.
- Albany Times-Union Op-Ed based on research: “Culture wars have a new turf.”
- New Study Calls Pentagon’s ‘Embedded’ Media Program an Iraq ‘Victory’ for Bush, Greg Mitchell on the Huffington Post
- The Embed War Dividend, Daily Kos Diary
- Book Your Mongolian Vacation Now, Richard Morin’s column in The Washington Post
- Sociologists shed light on crime, sexuality and Canada, Marissa Larouche-Smart’s coverage of the 2006 ASA meeting in The Gazette (CA)
- Embed program resulted in more stories about soldiers’ lives, media industry analyst Jim Romenesko’s blog at the Poynter Institute
- Re-printed in: The Contexts Reader, 2nd Edition (2012), Douglas Hartmann and Christopher Uggen (eds.). New York: W.W. Norton & Co.
- Re-printed in: Mapping the Social Landscape: Readings in Sociology, 7th Edition (2012), Susan J. Ferguson. New York: McGraw-Hill.
Lindner, Andrew M. and Ryan P. Larson. 2018. “Regression and Regression Analysis.” In The Blackwell Encyclopedia of Sociology.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2017. “Attention for Sale.” Contexts 16(2):60-61.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2016. Review of The United States of Excess: Gluttony and the Dark Side of American Exceptionalism, by Robert Paarlberg. Contemporary Sociology 45(4):490-492.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2015. “Television news could benefit from additional context.” Albany Times-Union, April 30.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2014. “Culture wars have a new turf.” Albany Times-Union, July 13.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2012. “Calculating Obama’s Chances.” The Society Pages, Sept. 10.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2010. “Empire of the Games: A Review Essay” Contexts 9(4):77.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2009. “The War Society: A Review Essay.” Contexts 8(4):74-76.
Lindner, Andrew M. 2009. Review of Media Unlimited: How the Torrent of Images and Sounds Overwhelms Our Lives by Todd Gitlin. Contemporary Sociology 38(1):24-25.