All- Nighter

All- nighter a period from night to day which involves all work and no sleep. All- nighters often involve many cups of coffee and or energy drinks. They are often pulled prior to the day a major assignment is due or an exam is scheduled and often are a sign the individual taking part in the all- nighter has an unmanageabale schedule or is much too good at procrastinating. Most all- nighter end like this:

K.O

Last night I pulled my first all- nighter of the semester. Fortunately, I did not end up like the girl above (she forgot coffee). I use to pull all- nighters often sometime around my freshman and sophomore years not because I procrastinated but because I am always way busy. So busy that my days then and now tend to end around 10p which is when the homework begins. I am not the only one. Many students at Skidmore have so much on their plate, by choice. So one is never alone staying up all night.

This semester on top of having a full time schedule I am working three campus jobs and I baby sit off campus here and there and I am a director for the Ujima Fashion Show. I promise I am not complaining. I like being busy. I feel like I make better use of time when I am busy. Last night I stood up all night to get ahead of my work as oppose to catching up. I want to make sure I have all my reading done this week and get an early start on a big assignment due next week Tuesday. I surprisingly do not feel too bad right now but I am sure I’ll pass out as soon as I see anything that even resembles a bed.

Staying awake at work