Skidmore Halloweekend

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpvdAJYvofI

Halloween is my favorite holiday of the year. Yes, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and all the other mushy holidays are great but if I want really yummy food, friends and family I can always just host a potluck. But there is no way I can dress up as whatever I’d like on any casual day and eat as much candy as my stomach can handle without feeling guilty about it. Halloween Rocks!

I love spending Halloween at Skidmore. Here Halloween is a weekend long holiday. Thursday, Friday, and Saturday; three days of Halloween themed fun. And for some the fun continues on to Sunday and Monday. Some students plan not just one costume but three. One for every night of fun. And here, we are pretty good at this dressing up game (except for me, this year I pulled a last minute costume together, I was Thing 1). Most costumes I spotted were either really crafty (e.g DeadMau5 head) or way clever (e.g Dressing up all four seasons).

Every year Skidmore hosts a campus wide party for Halloween, Moorebid Ball. Moorebid use to be held at Moore Hall. Moore was an off campus dormitory near the old campus, but a few years ago the building was sold. From then on Moorebid has been held in Case Center/ the Student Union on campus. It’s always been incredible. Two floors, Two Dj stations, camera booths, and a whole lot of scoping out the scene to see what everyone is wearing. The Class of 2014 is the largest class Skidmore has seen in years, thanks to them Moorebid was held in the Sports Center this year; two gyms, two Dj stations, and sick decorations. Unfortunately the event was shut down early. Apparently it got to a point where it was just way too over crowded. Safety first! It ended early but I had a good time none the less. Seeing peoples costumes is all the fun for me. After the party I made my way downtown and that in itself was a sight to see. Caroline street was, well Caroline street. Heaps of people hopping from bar to bar, lines several feet long outside of bars and clubs. Except this night everyone was dressed up. So it was just so funny to see a clown, for instance, standing beside an angel, the Macho Man, Scooby Doo, and a Cowboy to get into a venue; to people- watch and see a lumber jack trying his best to make his moves and score a squirrels phone number. Too funny.

But I promise the fun did not exclusively involve parties and such. A number of events/ activities were planned for Halloween aside from partying. For instance, Friday night I swung by a “classic horror film and pumpkin carving” event. The last time I tried to carve a pumpkin I destroyed the thing. So I made sure to skip that bit. And Yesterday children from town visited the campus with their families to trick- or – treat on campus. I was overwhelmed with cute. Everywhere I looked I saw kids as young as three running from door to dear, bucket in hand in hopes of scoring “the good stuff”, CHOCOLATE. Well, at least thats what I considered “the good stuff” when I was three. Speaking of chocolate, I’m thinking I should purchase some chocolate now at the Burgess Cafe.

“This is Halloween, This is Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!!!”

Bet that song is now stuck in your head. MUAHAHHAHA

Enjoy the pictures below:: THIS IS (a taste of ) HALLOWEEN (at Skidmore) !!

Lady Gaga. "Born This Way" video.

A Greaser

"GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL"

Thing 1.

Tony Quattro and DJ Ramses

A Lucha Libre Fighter

"Hey Arnold!"

Hannah Montana!! Get it?!! (Her name is actually Hannah)

A Jackson Pollock painting

"Give a Hoot, don't Pollute"

J'adore Halloween!

Nice of DeadMAU5 to show, mid tour