Favorites and Challenges. A question from a Zinchers.

I have been getting some really good questions from you awesome perspective students on my Zinch account. I thought it would be a good idea to post some of these questions every so often. Here goes a good one.

Please let me know about the campus life at Skidmore, your favorite things about it and challenges you had to face while adjusting to this college.

Hmm campus life. Is there anything in particular about the campus life you would like to know? Overall the campus dynamic is quiet vibrant. Students at Skidmore are happy and get a long well. They are also very diverse with multiple interests and passions. We all respect each other for our individuality and often learn from each other by bouncing ideas back and forth. Students work really hard but also know how to have a good time. This is an academically rigorous campus but not cut throat. Students help each other before a test, they don’t try and kill the competition.

My favorite thing about Skidmore is the diversity in interests and passions. This is in no way a cookie cutter school. Everyone is different and it shows. I think this has made my experience both rich and fun.
Most of the challenges I have faced have been in the classroom. Just about all the classes I have had have challenged the way I think about specific topics, leading me to see things in ways I have never seen before. the challenges were always rewarding.
The adjustment was not too harsh because everyone here is so welcoming and friendly.

I hope these answers help.