Career Coaches are Junior and Senior student leaders on campus who provide support to peers by assisting career related tasks, such as resume and cover letter reviews, both in-person and online. Career Coaches are crucial student connectors to the Skidmore community, serving as examples of effective career development.
Students selected to become a Career Coach will undergo extensive, individualized training throughout the month of September. For continued support, Career Coaches are expected to attend weekly one-hour meetings, and will undergo a review once per semester.
Career Coaches also work as a team to create and produce a “legacy project”. This project is completed as a group; Career Coaches work together to determine the project. Previous projects have included a webinar series called ‘Knowledgeable Networking’.
This position is a full time student worker (10 hours per week). Career Coaches will receive premium compensation ($9.00/hour) due to the advanced specialized skills, knowledge, and abilities expected, as well as an increased level of responsibility, working with minimal supervision, and make independent decisions.
- Staffing one CDC drop-in shift (2 – 4 PM, Monday – Friday)
- Staffing one eResume Review drop-in shift (6 – 8 PM, Monday – Thursday)
- Staffing one Library drop-in shift (8 – 10 PM, Monday – Wednesday)
- Attending a weekly staff meeting
- Delivering workshops in the evening hours on topics such as resumes, cover letters, networking resources, and LinkedIn
- Providing support during large events, such as the Graduate and Professional School Expo or Career Jam
- Other duties as assigned
All majors are encouraged to apply.
- GPA 2.8 or higher
- Proven leadership skills and campus involvement
- Rising Junior or Senior (current Sophomores or Juniors)
- Ability to make a one year-long commitment, for 10 hours per week (including some evening hours)
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter through My CDC Account (Posting #7474). Cover letters can be addressed to:
Associate Director/Information Technology Manager
Skidmore College Career Development Center
815 North Broadway
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866