Hi, everyone! This week I was in London (YES, again), as we have been on “Pfingstferien”, or holidays because of Pentecost. Germany sure does get a lot of breaks from school during the spring semester! Unfortunately, in typical London fashion, the weather has been absolutely dreadful the whole time I’ve been here! As a matter of fact, it’s as if I brought the bad weather with me… Anyway, my time here in London has been great!  I met up with some friends and visited some of my favorite places (including Borough and Camden Market, two of the most famous ones here). I had some amazing jerk fried chicken from Camden as well as delicious ice cream on top of a brownie cookie. I spent this week getting work done, too, as it’s getting close to the end of the semester and deadlines are getting closer. London is full of comfortable cafés. I went to the Tate Modern for the first time this week, which was really interesting. I don’t normally go to museums, but it was really cool seeing all of the artwork that was on display. I also ended up getting my hair cut for the first time since I was back in the U.S., and I must say, I prefer my barber back home. That’s one thing I definitely miss about home!

I head back to Freiburg tomorrow. Looking forward to the final stretch!

Until next week,

Derrick 🙂