Question from a fellow anonymous student: what do you hope to accomplish as a Theatre major at Skidmore? (from a student, not a prospie…if that’s allowed.)

Great question anonymous fellow Skidmore student!

As a theatre major here at Skidz, I’m not exactly sure yet. I mean, I have specific goals I’d like to eventually accomplish. But I’m not sure if I want to concentrate in acting, directing, or playwriting. Obviously, I’ve been in a workshop already and am directing a show that opens next week and am working on writing a new two-man play. For right now, I’m trying to fully immerse myself in the theater and arts culture here in a way I could never do at home on Long Island. For now, I’d say my main goal as a theatre major are simply to get my foot in the door in developing relationships with each of the professors, and learning everything theatre-related my nearly 19 year old mind can handle. I have big plans for what I want to do with ADS Benefit over the next four years, and hope to be a successful actor or director in the theater department. I can’t decide if I want to go abroad or not (even though I totally do). I don’t know. That’s my thoughts on majoring in theater for now.

Go ahead, it’s anonymous. And I’ll answer.

KevKev