I Listen to the Billy Elliot Soundtrack Late at Night and Usually Feel Happy. Tonight especially.

Hey kids,

This is my it’s almost Leap Year post!

Regarding the leap year, I like to think of that awful Amy Adams piece of scheisse film Leap Year. In it she takes a big risk, and that’s what I implore all of ya reading this bloggy blog: Take a giant risk this leap year, be bold. I’ve taken more risks in the past 4 days than I have in my entire life, and they’ve paid off so far. Which is nice.

Also, other things going on:

1. This week we have a huge lecturer coming to campus, Judith Halberstam, who will be giving a talk called Gaga Feminism. I’m excited for it because it’s about my queen, Lady Gaga. Whether it’s for or against Gaga’s image, I don’t know. I’ll report back.

I just had this weird as scheisse flashback to the summer after my freshman year of high school, back when I was shorter and fatter and had braces and wore baseball hats tilted to the side like it wasn’t no thang even though it totally was a thang – a bad thang – and we were staying at the Ritz-Carlton in Laguna Niguel, California. The walk to the beach was down this long long long steep path, so they had a giant golf cart shuttle people up and down the hill. On my way back up, I saw my sister on one of the observation decks on the hill, looking out to the ocean, so being the stupid little fattie I was, I jumped off the back of the giant golf cart while it was still moving. I landed on all fours like it wasn’t no thang but it hurt. I don’t know why I just thought of that.

2. Spring break is coming up, and today I got tickets to the first of three shows I’ll be seeing over break! I’m so excited!

3. Enter the Haggis is playing in Spa this weekend. I’m not exactly sure what they are, but I might as well go, given my recent new love for Rubblebucket. Ugh, they’re great.

I’m listening to the saddest of songs in Billy Elliot. I’m totally having flashbacks to the final performance of the show now. Gosh, that show was fantastic every time. Ugh. How is it that it’s gone off the Broadway while the Mamma Mia or Wicked are still playing. Ugh. Call me a hater, but Wicked ain’t that good.

4. Tomorrow is laundry day for me. Yay clean clothes.

Kevster