I Remembered What The Post I Tried To Write In Last Night’s Post-Rehearsal Delirium Was

Okay, so. Let’s talk majors and stuff.

As I said in yesterday’s post, I am now officially a theater major at Skidmore College. I’m only a freshman, so it was/is a little early for me to be declaring. But I know that theater is what I plan on doing with my life and was/am sure it was my chosen path of study, so I figured why not just get it over with and declare early. All my friends are surprised and proud that I declared already.

Skidmore is a great college to attend if you have NO IDEA what you’re going to do with your life. What I mean by that is that if you don’t have a major in mind when you get here, or want to study everything because it’s all fascinating or want to study nothing because you haven’t found that one little thing that you can grab onto and call your passion, Skidmore is a place where you can explore a lot of different things in your quest to find the right major for you. If you want to be a music major, but also have a passion for biochemistry, there’s a minor for that. Or a double major.

If your love for music is inseparable from your love of biochem, you can create what’s called a self-determined major. I don’t really know the process to making your own biochemistry of music major, but it can be done if you have enough academically-ground reasons for creating the major.

If you’re a music major and just happen to like biochem, once you get passed the intro courses in bio and chem, the courses are open to everyone, even non-majors. And vice versa for the music department. At Skidmore, we’re all about letting you take as wide a variety of courses because as the motto goes, Creative Thought Matters! Creative course combos can be a lot of fun! Who knows, maybe the intro to Russian class you’re taking to get rid of the language requirement could lead to you finding the one thing that you love! A new passion!

HELLOW?

Влюбленная мера,

Kevinksy