PORGY AIN’T SOFT ON NO WOMAN

Hi friends,

When I was trying to come up with a title for this post, “Porgy ain’t soft on no woman” played on my speakers (I’m listening to Porgy and Bess) and I figured what the heck in heck!! Two exclamation points!

Anyways, it’s Sunday night now, so I figured this would be a good opportunity to fill you in on how my Sundays typically go.

I won’t give you a specific timed schedule, but I’ll give you a general flavor of my day.

I’ll wake up around noon, having mostly recovered from the mud wrestling matches I normally participate in on Saturday night. I’ll find bruises I don’t know how I got, but then I’ll think back through the match and realize, “Oh, that must have come from when my opponent hit me in the thigh. Makes sense now, Kev.”

So I wake up, open my blinds, then open my curtains. I have the school-supplied blind and then another curtain for extra darkness. Next I’ll make my bed and window seat. I sleep on my window seat for the first half of the night and then switch to the bed when I get too cold and then back to the window seat when I get too hot.  I vacuum. Shower. TMI? Breakfast. Today was an egg and a slice of pizza. Classic Sunday. Vintage Sunday. Then the coffee starts. I had my first cup of coffee around 2pm. And then another at 3:30. And another at 5. I am addicted to coffee. My BCC is 100%. (Blood-Coffee Content.) (Blind carbon copy?) Then I start to do some schoolwork. Procrastinate, do some more work. Call my parents. Call my grandparents. Call Michelle Obama but get rejected when I say I just wanna chat with my gurrrl.

Then I do more work and go to dinner and then come home and do work and read and watch a movie sometimes. Tonight I’ll watch Into the Woods I think.

Today, though, I had to do a directing project with my group. And I am confident our project will outshine the rest with its pure terror. I had dinner with my friend Beal, she’s a junior and a great gal.

This week will be somewhere between stress-free and totally stressful, but only because I have a 5 pager due on Thursday. Huzzah though, I suppose. I’ve actually missed Chicago-style notation and academic writing.

WE ARE CUTE I AM A BRO IN MY HAT AND WE ARE NOT SWEATING IT IS RAINING BECAUSE WE’RE WALKING BACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FROM AN OFF-CAMPUS PARTY AND WE LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH