A Week Later, Life is Good

Hi friends!

Happy Senior Week! Hope you’re all doing fine, or even better than fine. Despite having a non-contagious form of pink eye, I sure am. I’m frikkin fantastic! It’s senior week! It’s like I’m at camp except it’s very quiet during the day and I get to sleep in my own bed and don’t have to share a bathroom with strangers anymore. Now, it’s just be and Jon Lemay sharing the bathroom. Out of the 40 or so people who lived on my floor this year, only about 6 of us are left. It’s so nice.

Finals went well, I think. I finished all of my work two days earlier than expected because I am an absolute tank when it comes to time management and working well under pressure and under the influence of 6 cups of coffee over the course of two hours. So I finished everything early and was able to hang out and start senior week a little bit early. Which is nice.

Senior Week is the week that comes after finals week. It’s mainly a week of celebration for the seniors. It begins with a senior week kickoff barbecue and ends with Graduation and real life. Over the course of the week, there are a ton of events. Today is the High Tea at the Surrey, an old inn on campus, across Broadway. What is High Tea? No idea, mang. No idea. Yesterday was Senior Fun Day, which despite the rain, was  a total blast. There was a dunk tank, a water slide, free food, a foam pit, and bouncy castles across the South Green and inside Case Center. It was great, but we got pretty tired pretty early and went to Alexia’s and watch The Truman Show (my first time – what a film!) and then played Apples to Apples. Fun times. After that, I headed home to get into appropriate clothing for a bonfire. And by appropriate clothing I mean Skidmore sweatpants and a navy Ralph Lauren sweater. #comfortable. The bonfire was at my friend Emma’s house, so chill. We all just sat around and toasted marshmallows and someone had a guitar and we sang a tiny bit, but mostly we just laughed about the  memories of the past year. It’s nights like last night that make me never want to leave Skidmore. Tonight, the event I’m going to is a secret theater tradition that only theater people here know about or understand. It’s not a party. It’s not hazing. It’s just 100% secret. It’s going to be a blast. Tomorrow is theater people kickball, which is going to be fun. On Tuesday, I’m going to start packing/reminiscing/crying while I pack/et cetera.

I’m excited for this summer. I am! I’m going to be working at the same country club as last summer, lose some more weight, and – OH I’M ASSISTANT STAGE MANAGING AN OFF-BROADWAY SHOW I CAN’T EVEN EXPLAIN HOW EXCITED I AM OH MY JEEBUS OH MY JEEBUS. I’ll give more details as the gig approaches.

I’m Über-excited for my classed this fall. I’m taking a bunch. By a bunch I mean 7.

1. Theater Production

2. Theater Design

3. Funky Plays

4. Dance Production

5. Born in America: Vaginal Birth and the Masculinization of Obstetrics (yum!)

6. Suzuki Acting

and 7. Production Seminar – BECAUSE I AM ASSISTANT DIRECTING THE BLACKBOX PRODUCTION FOR THE THEATER DEPARTMENT IN THE FALL I CAN’T EVEN EXPLAIN HOW EXCITED I AM OH MY JEEBUS OH MY JEEBUS. I’ll give more details as the gig approaches. HEHE.

Okay. I’ll write a few more times before I go.

Everything’s coming up roses for me these days.

So excited.

So hopeful.

So impassioned.

So blessed.

P.S.: Here are some pictures of my progression through finals week up to and including right now.

day 1 in the lib

day 1 in the li

I made this during a study session on Cinco de Mayo during which I really wanted Mexican food. I am good at photoshop.

more library. slowly went insane.

more library. slowly went insane.

This isn't from Finals or Senior Week exactly. The top picture was taken at the very beginning of freshman year and the second picture was taken at the end of this year. It's of my family on campus: Gab is Ma, Jon is Dad, Gina is Sister and I am Son. We call ourselves the family.

This isn’t from Finals or Senior Week exactly. The top picture was taken at the very beginning of freshman year and the second picture was taken at the end of this year. It’s of my family on campus: Gab is Ma, Jon is Dad, Gina is Sister and I am Son. We call ourselves the family.

Lily and I said goodbye to Sophie two days ago. We got really emotional.

Lily and I said goodbye to Sophie two days ago. We got really emotional

WHOA WHAT A WATER SLIDE

WHOA WHAT A WATER SLIDE

A good friend helps you get up when you fall. But your best friends kick you when you're down. Something like that, right?

A good friend helps you get up when you fall. But your best friends kick you when you’re down. Something like that, right?

No comment.

No comment.

Shine bright like a diamond.

Shine bright like a diamond.

This picture sums up how happy I currently am. Taken the other night after I handed in my last paper. Me and my friend Will. At the time this post was published, this pic had 30 likes on Facebook. It's hard being handsome and popular.

This picture sums up how happy I currently am. Taken the other night after I handed in my last paper. Me and my friend Will. At the time this post was published, this pic had 30 likes on Facebook. It’s hard being handsome and popular.

Love you all. Talk to you before the week is out.