Keurig is Crack is Whack

Hi friends,

Happy Hump Day! Congratulations, you did it, I did it, we did it together, we made it through more than half of the week which means the weekend is almost here.

Speaking of weekend, I’m about to watch a movie called Weekend, a British gay romance, which most likely means I’ll cry.

Anyway, when we last spoke, Polaroid Stories had just ended. And I had rediscovered what free time means. But not really. I’d been in the dance theater prepping/teching for the Choreo 2 show, which is this coming weekend in the dance theater and I am so so so excited. So Monday night was my last night in any theater for the week, until dress rehearsal for the show on Friday.

And I’m ahead on all of my work.

So I’m letting myself have the next two nights to myself, to really treat myself to a cozy night in bed with a book, or in tonight’s case, a movie.

Last night Piper Kerman, whose memoir, Orange is the New Black, is the basis for the Netflix original series of the same name, came to talk, courtesy of Speakers’ Bureau. She gave a speech about the prison system and spoke about the series’ as an adaptation of her own book. It was interesting, to say the least. She’s a great speaker. I wasn’t sure if there was much of a thesis to her lecture, but she spoke it well, which I appreciated. Nice lady too, and pretty funny.

My dad was here this weekend, and that was a lot of fun. I took him to one of the comedy shows and he had a great time and we went out to dinner and then to Northshire, the bookstore in town, where I got a new book. Lovin’ livin’.

Okay, I’m getting hungry. Love you!