#Blessed2007Tour

Dear Frazer –

It’s Valentine’s Day, and I’m alone, and I’m in Portugal, so I say that for this catch-up entry, we screw the formatting and I just do a quick fill-in on the last week or so and then talk about Portugal? How does that sound to you?

The last ten days, starting with my previous blog entry have just been a whirlwind of staying up late, almost oversleeping, theatre, classes and going out and exploring London.

Highlights include:

1. Climbing St. Paul’s Cathedral and seeing the AMAZING VIEW.

2. Seeing Les Miz on the West End, where I cried for a very full three hours.

3. Seeing the Tanztheater Wuppertall Pina Bausch perform an incredible four-hour dance show, called 1980. Stunning.

4. The Isabells Blow exhibition at the Somerset House. I love Philip Treacy and the exhib was filled with his hats. Wonderful. Exciting. Blow was a CRAZY lady.

5. Spur-of-the-moment seeing an improv play called Austentatious, where the team impro’d a whole Jane Austen novel in an hour. SO FUNNY.

6. Sitting front row at England’s biggest proscenium theatre, the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, to see my favorite musical actor, Douglas Hodge, as Willy Wonka, in Charlie and th Chocolate Factory.

St. Paul’s roof

There are some

paully wally oxen free

paully wally oxen free

history? idk.

history? idk.

the shard: the tallest building in europe/the milky way

this is technically called the gardiner building but i call it the tagliatelli building

what

what

yo will and kate got married in this building. #westminsterabbey

st. paul's.

st. paul’s.pics of me, since I promised you and I haven’t done it yet: 

pics of me below from London and Lisbon, since I promised you and I haven’t done it yet. I don’t know why the formatting is all messed up. I don’t know, I should really learn how to internet.

Yesterday, at 3:45am, I woke up and got in a taxi to Stansted Airport, where I hopped a RyanAir flight to Lisbon, Portugal. I was awake yesterday for about 22 hours because as soon as I landed and got through Customs, I was off. I hopped on the Metro and got to my hostel with great ease. The hostel, Sunset Destination Hostel sounds like somewhere old people go to retire but is actually really really wonderful. Constant stream of hip music blasting in the lounge, like this hip hip chill music. Free coffee and WiFi this is my PLACE. Yesterday, I arrived and went for a walk along the River Teijas (sp?) and got coffee and lunch. Then I checked into my hostel room and showered and took a nap and read a bit. Last night I went out for an incredible late and solo dinner. Velha Senhora, this wonderful tapas place, where I had three tapas, bread, and the most incredible (and I’m not supposed to be blogging about drinking, but I am of age and watching the bartender make this felt like I was watching a piece of theatre with the amount of drama he put into making it and it ended up being the best drink I’ve ever had) daiquiri, all for 15 Euro. It was so delicious. The food was out of this world: choriza and blood sausage, codfish cakes, and chicken fried in the skin, without breading. SO GREAT. And the bread fresh and the butter homemade.

Then I came home, had a Coke, and went off to bed.

I woke up this morning/afternoon, and it was rainy, so I had a cup of the hostel coffee, which is actually really really great, and showered and shaved. After shaving, and because I don’t read Portuguese, and everything in the bathroom is labelled in Portuguese, I accidentally washed my face with hand sanitizer, which, surprisingly, was not pleasant. I hopped on the Metro and walked around the Rossio neighborhood of the city, and bought tickets to see Grande Revista de Portugal tomorrow night. It’s a musical. Entirely in Portuguese. I have no idea what to expect, but it got wonderful reviews. Tonight I’m going to a barbecue with my hostel, at one of their other hostel locations in the city. The group who are going from here seem like a lot of fun. Tomorrow: explore the city.

I’ll try and write once more before I get to Paris on Monday.

Cheers, Kev

me and my fellow skiddie emily defiore. LOVE HER.

me on the london eye swagger

me on the london eye swagger

m&m world swag

m&m world swag

london eye

london eye

my friend cloud. she called me her "gayngel"

my friend cloud. she called me her “gayngel”

me and cloud in the natural history museum

good color scheme on ryanair

good color scheme on ryanair

I do, I do hear the people sing.