why is the world so cold: a memoir of saratoga

Hi friends!

*shivers*

‘sup? I’m just sitting here. Shivering. Because it’s hella brick out. It’s SO COLD. Have you ever been walking through a parking lot next to a tall building on the side of a hill on a college campus in Saratoga Springs, New York, and been thinking “Wow, it’s actually nice out, it feels like it’s 18 degrees out and that’s warm, because it was -2 degrees yesterday, so this 18 is like shorts weather” and then the wind starts to blow and it feels like you’re being pelted with tiny invisible knives made of ice? I sure have. I also got blown to the floor by the wind last week. It’s SO COLD, and I knew what I was getting into from my accepted students’ ┬áday tour here before my freshman year here, when it was late April and there was still like a foot of snow on the ground in some areas of campus, like I knew what was up with the cold, I knew it was coming. Doesn’t mean I don’t hate it. Sometimes the cold is nice, refreshing. Other times, it’s HORRIBLE. This winter, with 4 feet of snow on the ground, it’s been HORRIBLE.

So what’s up with you guys? You’re warm? Cool. Really cool.

Senior spring is going. Can’t quite tell if it’s the best or the worst thing ever. It’s surreal. I go to classes, I eat, I rehearse for hours, I sleep and during my sleep I think about my show. That’s it. My life is my show right now, and I love every second of it.

I’m going to Florida for spring break. As soon as I found out, I started doing ab workouts. Gotta look hot to hang out by the pool at my grandparents’ living community! Maybe some old dudes will hit on me! A gay can dream!

My dad came last weekend which was a total hit. We took advantage of Saratoga’s great downtown bar scene and had a lot of fun.

This week has been a lot of Breaking Bad and subsequent heart palpitations.

I’m so close to being done – with Breaking Bad, with school. So close.

Tonight is burger night at d-hall. Tonight is also Kev night at d-hall. My night, my holiday. I love burgers, yo.

Tomorrow is Chicken Finger Friday! I love chicken! And fingers! And Fridays!

I’ll write soon.