Green screens allow one to insert a different background into live or recorded video or when editing images. For example, in the images below, we demonstrate how you can modify the background of a live Zoom videconference call. The software has the ability to swap out the color green with another image. In this case, standing in Library 222 can also take me to a live broadcast from the top of Notre Dame in Paris! Students are making good use of this set up in their visual storytelling assignments. Here's some background information on how green screen technology works.
- Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, & Linux Client Update: 01/14/19 (No Operational Impact)
- Significant Meeting Platform Outage
- Canada Data Center Upgrades and Maintenance: 1/4/19
- Web Backend Update: 12/28/18 (No Operational Impact)
- Zoom Scheduler for Chrome Extension Update: 12/23/18 (No Operational Impact)