Is there a specific foreign country that you (or the school) recommends for a business major? Or is the study abroad program not necessarily connected to a major?

Great Q! So I checked out the Study Abroad site and plugged in "management and business" in the Find a Program search engine, which is a great tool for narrowing down your options based on your major or your preferred country. The places that showed up with programs suitable (or tailored for) business majors were London, Paris, Beijing and Shanghai (China), Tokyo (Japan), Melbourne and Sydney (Australia), Freiburg (Germany), Dublin and Galway (Ireland), Barcelona and Madrid (Spain) and Warsaw (Poland). I’m sure all of these programs involve classes that will get you credits in the business major. Plus, certain programs also offer internships!

That being said, by junior year you might have enough credits in your major to explore a different academic focus. When I went to Prague, I had taken so many English classes that I was able to take non-major courses like Czech, history and a field study seminar. Keep that in mind — it’s possible that you won’t be limited to your major when you go abroad!

Thank you so much for your question! Here’s the Find A Program site if you want to play around with it: http://cms.skidmore.edu/ocse/search/index.cfm

Ask me anything