SkidMolly: Pre-Spring Break Update!

Hello folks!  It is an unbelievably warm day in Saratoga (global warming or the heavens smiling upon us?  Too soon to tell) and I just finished my last class before spring break officially begins.  Yep — no Friday classes for this senior.  Here are some updates for you:

httpv://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSk-98nvUGU

Last weekend’s Weekend Update, for your viewing pleasure.  Dog Sees God got a great writeup in Skidmore Unofficial, and Steven Millhauser’s reading was incredible.  He read “Dangerous Laughter,” a short story of which I’m quite fond, and then an energetic rap/Beat poem/thingamajig about a divorced couple dividing their possessions.  Good stuff.

Normally (meaning in the last three years) my spring break has consisted of chilling hardcore at the homestead.  (Though last year’s spring break was spent in Slovakia and Poland.  The joys of going abroad.)  This year, I’m finally embarking on a trip…to California!  I’m going to San Francisco with three friends and I can’t wait.  I didn’t realize how excited I was until I was watching Comic Book Confidential and listened to Robert Crumb talk about the crazy times he had in the ’60s on Haight-Ashbury.  I will make sure to wear flowers in my hair when I go.

Graduation is LOOMING.  We’re supposed to order our caps and gowns by March 26th.  Eek!  I don’t want to graduate!  Back when I was in high school I was more or less DYING to get out of there, but the beauty of picking the right college is that you don’t want to leave when it’s time to.  So there’s that.  More morose graduation posts on the way, for sure.

Hope you all have a great weekend.  If you’re coming to one of Skidmore’s Accepted Candidates Days, please consider logging into the Skidmore Facebook App and joining one of the communities: either April 9th, April 13th or April 16th.  You guys can meet each other online before you meet in person!  It’s the future!

AND as always, please feel free to ask me your questions.  I will tell you no lies.