First of all, congratulations to the Regular Decision admits! I hope you’ll all consider visiting campus before the semester is over, either on your own or during an Accepted Candidate’s Day. (Connect with other future Skiddies through the Skidmore 2016 Facebook community.) When I went to an Accepted Candidate’s Day at Skidmore, it really solidified my feelings about where I wanted to go to school and what I wanted out of college; somewhere between the student panel, psychology professor Sheldon Solomon’s lecture, and the t-shirt that said “Creative Thought Matters” on the back, I had a gut feeling that Skidmore was the place for me.
Here’s a video I made last weekend detailing the INSANE NICE SPRING WEATHER and what all us Skid kids do when the sun comes out and temperatures finally climb above freezing:
Today is Friday, a day close to my heart at Skidmore. Here’s what you can see on a nice Skidmore Friday:
- Big tour groups walking (veeeery sloooowwwly and attentively) around campus, led by enthusiastic student ambassadors. Hi tourers! If you see me, wave at me! I’ll wave back!
- If it’s sunny, sunbathers abounding on the green. Not to mention Frisbees. And acoustic guitars.
- A super busy and bustling Case Center: student markets, a senior art show in Case Gallery, people picking up packages in the post office, Saratoga Apple and the mini farmer’s market both selling their wares downstairs…
- Students waiting for the bus (it comes every half hour, and it’s FREE) to go downtown to get iced coffee at Saratoga Coffee Traders, or take a slightly longer trip to Target/Wal Mart/the mall. A little Forever 21 shopping trip before Friday’s social activities begin? Indeed.
- Athletic-looking individuals, done with classes for the week, trekking down to the sports center, clad in spandex and toting water bottles…yep, Fridays mean fitness for some folks!
As for me, I’m relaxing in front of the television (Food Network is on, of course) before I start getting into the weekend mindset. Ahhh…