Off-Campus Study & Exchanges is excited to announce affiliate scholarships available for the fall 2017 semester only. These scholarships are available to students studying off-campus on an API or CIEE program. The awards will range from $250 – $1,000 and will be credited directly to a student’s account at Skidmore College.
Applying to the affiliate scholarships does not preclude students from applying directly to API or CIEE for scholarships. Nor does the award of any scholarships impact a student’s eligibility to receive the $1,600 Off-Campus Study Stipend.
To be eligible to apply for the API or CIEE affiliate scholarship, you must:
- be a student at Skidmore College
- be approved by Off-Campus Study & Exchanges to study off campus
- be accepted to an API or CIEE program for fall 2017
- have at least a 2.75 cumulative GPA
To apply for the API or CIEE scholarship, you must submit an essay to OCSE directly; essays should be no more than 1-page and should addresses the following:
- Why did you choose to apply to study abroad in your program location?
- How will you benefit from receiving a scholarship?
- Please also include your name, class year, major and cumulative GPA in the essay.
The deadline to submit your scholarship essay is Friday, April 14, 2017.
You can submit your essay to Lisa Hobbs, Associate Director of Operations at Off-Campus Study & Exchanges in Starbuck 202 or by email (email@example.com) as an attachment. The subject line must read “API Scholarship Application” or “CIEE Scholarship Application”.