By student assistant Rachel McPherson

After a busy week of interning and taking classes, Saturday and Sunday mornings always involved sleeping late and grabbing brunch in the city. It was the perfect way to catch up with friends and enjoy a good meal! With so many places in D.C. to choose from, here are some of my favorites that I would highly recommend checking out!

1. Ted’s Bulletin

I cannot speak highly enough about Ted’s. There are multiple locations around the city and it’s not hard to see why! They create homemade poptarts that are absolutely to die for and their milkshakes are super rich. My favorite entrée is their chicken and biscuits, but you really can’t go wrong with anything on their menu.

2. B Too

This restaurant was the first brunch place that I checked out during my semester in D.C. The French-themed restaurant offers a cozy atmosphere and delicious food. You can’t go to B Too without ordering a Doffle Deluxe, but their Belgian waffles and French fries are out-of-this-world!

3. District Commons

With one of the best brunch deals in town, this brassy American tavern whips up dishes ranging from gourmet pancakes and classic Benedicts. I would recommend the brunch quesadilla—and don’t forget to add bottomless drinks to your order!