Concerts

One of my favorite things about this campus are the so many options to go to concerts in and around campus. Just last weekend I was able to go to two concerts, one downtown and one in Case Center. For those of you who were fortunate enough to get to the Enter the Haggis concert in Case last weekend can back me up in saying those are some seriously talented guys. Maybe I’m just a sucker for bagpipes and fiddles alongside drums and guitars but I personally loved their power for presentation and their pure talent made the show a hit. Although there was a relatively small turnout that dwindled even further after intermission, I felt as if everyone there had a great time, I know I did. I was also able to see one of my favorite local bands play downtown last weekend at the Parting Glass Pub on Lake Ave. One of the great things about Saratoga is that there are so many places to hear so many different kinds of music. My personal favorite is Caffe Lena on Phila Street, if you guys get the chance go there! It is the oldest running coffee shop in America and I was fortunate enough to work there Freshman and Sophomore year of high-school. They play mostly folk music but they have been known to play larger band names. It’s an amazing place with amazing stories. However you cant go wrong with any of the other venues downtown. Here are some pictures of Enter the Haggis and the night at the Parting Glass!

This entry was posted in Skidmore, Second Semester. Bookmark the permalink.