Sustainability Representative (S-Rep) Student Manager
Location: Skidmore College
Term: 2013-2014 Academic Year
Pay: $8.25/hour, 4 hours per week
S-Rep Student Managers help to manage the Sustainable Skidmore S-Rep program. This program is designed to increase the awareness of sustainability and inspire behavior change in the residence halls. S-Reps offer information on sustainability topics, serve as a sounding board for sustainability concerns in the residence halls and offer activities surrounding sustainability.
The S-Rep Managers will help the Sustainability Fellow with the agenda for the Fall training during the prior Spring semester and possibly over the summer (this is done as a volunteer in preparation for the paid position that begins in the Fall), set the agendas for weekly group meetings sometimes in conjunction with the Sustainability Fellow, coordinate the planning of events and activities, check in with the S-Reps, hold them accountable to the expectations of the program, and assist in brainstorming programs or other outreach ideas for the residence halls and on campus related to sustainability. Overall the Managers will need to ensure that the S-Rep group feels cohesive and functions as a team, and that S-Reps have someone to come to with questions and concerns, to work on ideas with, to better understand college policies or practices and event planning, and to better clarify their S-Rep expectations. Additionally, the S-Rep Managers will maintain a formal connection and regular communication with the Sustainability Committee of SGA.
The Sustainable Skidmore Office is looking for creative, enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about sustainability. Additionally, the S-Rep managers will develop a wide variety of skills that include leadership, peer education, management, and effective communication skills. Ideally you would have previously held an S-Rep position, but this is not required. S-Rep Managers report to Rachel Willis, Sustainability Fellow.
- S-Rep Managers must attend Fall Training in late August and early September
- Organize and run weekly planning meetings with the S-Reps
- Stay in close contact with the Sustainable Skidmore Office via weekly meetings separate from the S-Rep meetings
- Help in carrying out programs or campus-wide events such as Skidmore Orientation, Skidmore Unplugged, Big Green Scream, the Give+Go, etc.
- Attend SuCo weekly meetings and maintain a regular connection with the group
- Assist with gathering feedback and conducting evaluations with the S-Reps at the end of each semester, along with the Sustainable Skidmore Office
- Previous experience in student leadership roles or peer education roles
- Submission of interest letter, resume, and two references (at least one Skidmore faculty/staff)
Please Submit Materials by 3/3/2013 with S-Rep Manager Application as the Subject Line to:
Sustainable Skidmore @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be notified by April 1st, 2013 in regards to their application and top candidates may be asked for interviews prior to their hire.