Welcome to the North Woods wiki, started by the 2005 Plant - Animal Interactions class. Like the forest, this wiki is an organic work in progress, created by a diverse group of contributors. Your feedback, corrections and participation are encouraged!
The Woods is divided into several sections. The fragment on the North edge of campus is ~150 acres and includes distinct areas 'earmarked' for education/research, recreation and meditation (see NWMapAug2006.pdf). A second forest stand (~220 acres) is farther North, behind the Van Lennep Stables on Daniels Road. The two are separated by Daniels Road and a set of railroad tracks, and a third fragment (~120 acres) is located between these two boundaries. A map of the campus is available on Skidmore's webpage .
- Teaching in the North Woods
- Research in the North Woods
- North Woods Journals
- History of the North Woods
- Future of the North Woods
- North Woods Biota
- Geology of the North Woods
- Poetry inspired by the North Woods
- SWAN - Saratoga Watershed Awareness Network
Please go to 'Instructions' for direction regarding modifying the wiki.